Ready to take your venture to the next level?
Applications for the November 2019 - May 2020 programme are open. APPLY NOW (deadline 30 September 2019).
To date, the Foundry has supported 19 start-ups who have been valued in excess of £34.5m. They have raised over £5m, with 70% also raising in Europe and the US, and created 60 jobs globally.
The Foundry has a global network of advisors, ambassadors and mentors including Professor Bill Aulet, MIT (pictured), Biz Stone, Cofounder of Twitter and Medium, and Jenny Tooth OBE, UK Business Angels Association.
OXFO L.E.V8 (Elevate) at the Oxford Foundry is the University of Oxford’s most diverse accelerator, designed to support and nurture early-stage start-up teams affiliated to the University. The programme takes in up to 12 high potential ventures throughout an academic year.
The 2019-2020 programme runs from 18 November 2019 – May 2020. Ventures are provided with an intensive programme of support which includes masterclasses, access to a network of industry experts, mentors and advisors, grant funding, access to free legal and finance guidance, co-working space, and much more. The programme is equity-free and worth over £60K per team.
The six months we spent on the OXFO L.E.V8 accelerator benefited Pod Health in so many ways: we got the space and support we needed so that we could focus on developing our business; we had access to some brilliant mentors and experts; and we were connected to a group of super-talented and supportive entrepreneurial peers.
WHO CAN APPLY?
OXFO L.E.V8 welcomes applications from any start-up team that includes at least one University of Oxford student, member of staff, or alumnus / alumna. Solo founders can also apply.
WHEN CAN I APPLY?
Applications are open from 30 July 2019 - 30 September 2019
HOW CAN I APPLY?
Application is through our ONLINE FORM.
WHAT IS THE APPLICATION PROCESS?
Please apply online. Shortlisted ventures will be invited to a 20 minute panel interview. Final candidates will be invited to a second interview.
Provisional interview dates:
Thursday 17th October and Friday 18th October
2nd stage interviews: Thursday 24th October
CAN WE APPLY IF WE’RE JUST AT THE IDEA STAGE?
OXFO L.E.V8 is for startups with a clear value proposition, who have ideally developed a minimum viable product (MVP) or who can demonstrate that their venture has traction.
WHAT’S THE DEAL?
We offer each team a support package worth an estimated £60k, including:
- Office space for up to four of your team members in the Amersi Foundation Accelerator space, upstairs in our city centre location at the Oxford Foundry
- Access to our network of investors, mentors and partners
- Financial and legal advice for starting and scaling your business
- Direct access to a network of experts who are available for 1-to-1 meetings throughout the journey. These include thought-leaders and highly regarded practitioners such as Paul Polman, CEO of Unilever, and Robin Saunders, Managing Partner at Clearbrook Capital.
- Support to build leadership, resilience skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Dynamic masterclasses and workshops
WHAT COMMITMENT DO YOU NEED FROM ME?
- Participation in the programme, all of which is tailor-made
- Presence in the accelerator space at least on a weekly basis. N.B. The accelerator is open 7 days a week. Attendance is flexible allowing for lectures, clinics etc.
- Behaviour appropriate for the Oxford Foundry, and for a co-working environment
- A desire to scale your venture, with our support
- To have a great time! The programme is all about your personal learning journey and growth – and we want you to have as much fun as possible along the way!
WHAT ABOUT EQUITY AND IP?
OXFO L.E.V8 is a completely free package, and we will not take any equity or claim any ownership in ideas or intellectual property (IP) created by the ventures we support based on this help.
However, if non-Foundry University staff contribute to your ideas outside of the L.E.V8 programme, or if University research is involved, there may well be formal legal obligations between the University and its staff or the sponsor(s) of the research that you might not be aware of as a student entrepreneur. See more about IP at Oxford here, or contact us directly if you have specific questions around this via firstname.lastname@example.org.
GOT ANY MORE QUESTIONS?
Take a look at our FAQ, or email us directly at email@example.com.