Do you have a early-stage venture or startup?
Need some support and advice to take it to the next level?
Sign up now to be notified when the next application round opens!
OXFO L.E.V8 at the Amersi Foundation Accelerator in the Oxford Foundry is the University of Oxford’s newest accelerator, designed to support and nurture early-stage start-up teams affiliated to the University by helping to develop them into strong, scalable businesses. The Oxford Foundry was opened by Apple CEO Tim Cook in October 2017. Reid Hoffmann of LinkedIn was our founding supporter, and our Advisory board includes Oxford alumnus Brent Hoberman of Founders Factory, Toby Coppel of Mosaic Ventures, and Biz Stone of Twitter, Jelly and Medium.
WHO CAN APPLY?
OXFO L.E.V8 welcomes applications from any startup team that includes at least one Oxford University student, member of staff, or alumnus / alumna within 10 years of graduation. Solo founders can also apply.
CAN WE APPLY IF WE’RE JUST AT THE IDEA STAGE?
OXFO L.E.V8 is for startups with a clear value proposition, who have ideally developed a minimum viable product (MVP) or who can demonstrate that their venture has traction.
WHAT’S THE DEAL?
We offer each team a support package worth an estimated £60k, including:
- Office space for up to 4 of your team members in the Amersi Foundation Accelerator, upstairs in our city centre location at the Oxford Foundry
- Access to our network of investors, mentors and partners
- Financial and legal advice for starting and scaling your business
- Direct access to a network of experts who are available for 1-to-1 meetings throughout the journey. These include thought leaders and highly regarded practitioners such as Bill Aulet, author of Disciplined Entrepreneurship and MD of the Martin Trust Centre at MIT Sloan.
- Support in building leadership, resilience skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Dynamic masterclasses and workshops
WHAT COMMITMENT DO YOU NEED FROM ME?
- Participation in the programme, all of which is tailor-made
- Presence in the accelerator space at least on a weekly basis. N.B. The accelerator is open 7 days a week. Attendance is flexible allowing for lectures, clinics etc.
- Behaviour appropriate for the Oxford Foundry, and for a co-working environment
- A desire to scale your venture, with our support
- Having a great time! The programme is all about your personal learning journey and growth – and we want you to have as much fun as possible along the way!
WHAT ABOUT EQUITY AND IP?
OXFO L.E.V8 is a completely free package, and as such we will not take any equity or claim any ownership in ideas or intellectual property (IP) created by the ventures we support based on this help.
However, if non-Foundry University staff contribute to your ideas outside of the L.E.V8 programme, or if University research is involved, there may well be formal legal obligations between the University and its staff or the sponsor(s) of the research that you might not be aware of as a student entrepreneur. See more about IP at Oxford here, or contact us directly if you have specific questions around this via email@example.com.
GOT ANY MORE QUESTIONS?
Take a look at our FAQ, or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW CAN I APPLY?
Sign up now to be notified when the next application round opens, and meanwhile keep your eyes on our social media channels and our newsletter for more details!