Idea Exploration workshops
This series will take you through the stages of developing an idea, covering the practical steps and frameworks that will help you to turn that idea into a potential venture.
Use this as an opportunity to develop your idea ready to apply to All-Innovate, Oxford’s first university wide, inter-college ideas competition. Workshops are open to students from all Divisions and Colleges and are a fantastic chance to build your CV, meet new people and learn from our leading experts and facilitators.
Who is it for?
The workshops are open to all University of Oxford students – any discipline, all levels of study.
Why should you attend?
This series is a great opportunity to develop fundamental skills in complex problem solving, creativity, critical thinking and collaborating with others, all of which have been identified by The World Economic Forum as necessary skills to equip individuals to thrive in the ‘fourth industrial revolution’.
Not only will this series help to build these skills, it will do so in a fun and engaging way whilst giving you the opportunity to meet and collaborate with students from across the whole university.
- 30 January 2020, 5.30-7.30pm - Making your idea a reality - Developing your minimum viable product
- 4 February 2020, 5.30-7.30pm- Branding 101
- 12 February 2020 5.30-7.30pm - How to build an All-Star startup team
- 19 February 2020 5.30-7.30pm- How and when to seek investment for your start-up
- 2 March 2020 5.30-7.30pm – How do you build a pitch deck for your start-up?
- 06 November 2019 - What is your market?
- 13 November 2019 - Who is your customer?
- 20 November 2019 - How do you define and communicate your value?
- 27 November 2019 - How do you get your first paying customer?
- 04 December 2019 - How do you make money?
Join us for an hour of networking, 🍕 pizza 🍕 and drinks after each workshop 7.30-8.30pm at the Foundry.
This an excellent opportunity to meet and network with students from across the university. You may be looking for additional skill sets to build your team, you may have skills to offer to an existing idea, or you may just be interested to meet new people over free pizza! So come along, join in and find your people!
The Idea Exploration series is a fantastic opportunity to develop your idea in preparation for the All-Innovate idea competition. Whether you have an idea, or you are looking to learn about the process of developing an idea and meet like minded people, this series is for you!
The workshops will give you the opportunity to learn about the key concepts within the idea development journey, and are an excellent opportunity to meet and network with students from across the university. You may be looking for additional skill sets to build your team or have skills to offer to an existing idea. Each week, we will be hosting networking drinks after the workshops which will be a great opportunity to explore those potential synergies with your fellow students.