Idea Exploration workshops
This series will take you through some of the fundamental stages of developing an idea, covering the practical steps and frameworks that will help you to turn that idea into a potential venture. This series will take you through four core topics: building a team, defining your market, choosing the right business model and developing your pitch.
Use this as an opportunity to develop your idea ready to apply to All-Innovate, Oxford’s first university wide, inter-college ideas competition. Workshops are open to students from all Divisions and Colleges and are a fantastic chance to build your CV, meet new people and learn from our leading experts and facilitators.
Who are they for?
The workshops are open to all University of Oxford students – any discipline, all levels of study.
Why should you attend?
This series is a great opportunity to develop fundamental skills in complex problem solving, creativity, critical thinking and collaborating with others, all of which have been identified by The World Economic Forum as necessary skills to equip individuals to thrive in the ‘fourth industrial revolution’.
Not only will this series help to build these skills, it will do so in a fun and engaging way whilst giving you the opportunity to meet and collaborate with students from across the whole university.
This year, the workshops will be virtual, kicking off with one live session, followed by a series of pre-recorded material. Sign up now to access the online learning content, delivered by Yo Percale, on topics; ‘Building a team, defining your market, business model and pitching’. Once you sign up, you will be sent the content that has already been released and be added the list to received the weekly release of the videos.
- Tues 17 November 2020 4.00pm – 5.30pm, Virtual workshop via Zoom, delivered by Yo Percale, Founder mykagami.com
- 30 January 2020, 5.30-7.30pm - Making your idea a reality - Developing your minimum viable product
- 4 February 2020, 5.30-7.30pm- Branding 101
- 12 February 2020 5.30-7.30pm - How to build an All-Star startup team
- 19 February 2020 5.30-7.30pm- How and when to seek investment for your start-up
- 2 March 2020 5.30-7.30pm – How do you build a pitch deck for your start-up?
- 06 November 2019 - What is your market?
- 13 November 2019 - Who is your customer?
- 20 November 2019 - How do you define and communicate your value?
- 27 November 2019 - How do you get your first paying customer?
- 04 December 2019 - How do you make money?