Need some support and advice to take it to the next level?
OXFO L.E.V8 at the Oxford Foundry is the University of Oxford’s newest accelerator, designed to support and nurture early-stage start-up teams affiliated to the University. The programme takes in 10 high potential ventures throughout an academic year. The ventures are provided with an intensive programme of support which includes masterclasses, access to a network of industry experts, mentors and advisors, grant funding, access to free legal and finance guidance, co-working space, and much more. The programme is equity-free and worth over £60K per team.
**We received 235 applications for cohort 2 of OXFO L.E.V8!**
Applications are now closed for this cohort, but if you leave us your details here, we'll be in touch about the next cohort, opening in June 2019.
WHO CAN APPLY?
OXFO L.E.V8 welcomes applications from any startup team that includes at least one Oxford University student, member of staff, or alumnus / alumna. Solo founders can also apply.
CAN WE APPLY IF WE’RE JUST AT THE IDEA STAGE?
OXFO L.E.V8 is for startups with a clear value proposition, who have ideally developed a minimum viable product (MVP) or who can demonstrate that their venture has traction.
WHAT’S THE DEAL?
We offer each team a support package worth an estimated £60k, including:
- Office space for up to 4 of your team members in the Amersi Foundation Accelerator, upstairs in our city centre location at the Oxford Foundry
- Access to our network of investors, mentors and partners
- Financial and legal advice for starting and scaling your business
- Direct access to a network of experts who are available for 1-to-1 meetings throughout the journey. These include thought leaders and highly regarded practitioners such as Paul Polman, CEO of Unilever, and Robin Saunders, Managing Partner at Clearbrook Capital.
- Support in building leadership, resilience skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Dynamic masterclasses and workshops
WHAT COMMITMENT DO YOU NEED FROM ME?
- Participation in the programme, all of which is tailor-made
- Presence in the accelerator space at least on a weekly basis. N.B. The accelerator is open 7 days a week. Attendance is flexible allowing for lectures, clinics etc.
- Behaviour appropriate for the Oxford Foundry, and for a co-working environment
- A desire to scale your venture, with our support
- Having a great time! The programme is all about your personal learning journey and growth – and we want you to have as much fun as possible along the way!
WHAT ABOUT EQUITY AND IP?
OXFO L.E.V8 is a completely free package, and as such we will not take any equity or claim any ownership in ideas or intellectual property (IP) created by the ventures we support based on this help.
However, if non-Foundry University staff contribute to your ideas outside of the L.E.V8 programme, or if University research is involved, there may well be formal legal obligations between the University and its staff or the sponsor(s) of the research that you might not be aware of as a student entrepreneur. See more about IP at Oxford here, or contact us directly if you have specific questions around this via email@example.com.
GOT ANY MORE QUESTIONS?
Take a look at our FAQ, or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.