Does your club or society want to be in with a chance of securing a £2k grant?
OXFO Booster Grants give student clubs and societies at the University of Oxford the opportunity to apply for up to £2,000 grant funding for initiatives that introduce entrepreneurship to people at the university.
OXFO Booster Grants give student clubs and societies at the University of Oxford the opportunity to apply for up to £2,000 grant funding for initiatives that introduce entrepreneurship to people at the university. Our aim is for these grants, and associated support provided by the Oxford Foundry, to enable student societies to expand their reach and experiment with exciting new entrepreneurship-related events and initiatives that engage both current and prospective members. Collaboration between societies is highly encouraged. Activities should aim to:
1. Inspire students to engage with entrepreneurship and explore alternative career paths
2. Upskill: help students build skills and understanding in at least one of three key areas:
- Entrepreneurial mindset (e.g. critical thinking, creative thinking, problem solving, teamwork, resilience, decision making and emotional intelligence)
- Practical entrepreneurial skills (e.g. user research, market & customer research, product development, sales, marketing, financial modelling, business model design, branding, networking, pitching, startup financing)
- Technology skills (e.g. AI, coding, blockchain, cyber security, data science)
3. Experience: provide students with entrepreneurial experiences that enhance future careers (e.g. society trips to innovation ecosystems around the UK, including tours and talks with leading companies such as Airbnb, Facebook, Founders Factory, Wayra, Google)
N.B. we are seeking projects that do not replicate current University programmes, including those delivered by the Oxford Foundry. Check out the ‘upskill yourself’ page on the Foundry’s website to avoid the risk of duplicating current programming.
APPLICATIONS FOR 2019-2020 open in August 2019 - stay in touch via our newsletter for further information on the next round of applications.
- Wednesday 28 August 2019: Open call for applications
- Thursday 12 September 2019: Applications close
- Tuesday 24 September 2019: Applicants notified of outcome
- Wednesday 2 October 2019: Successful societies sign paperwork
In 2018 the following societies were supported:
Music Society, Women in Computer Science Society, Cortex Club (neuroscience), Athletics Club, African & Caribbean Society (ACS), Artificial Intelligence Society (OxAI), Rhodes Incubator, Oxford Robotics and Additive Manufacturing Society (OXRAM), Capitox Society, Pole Sports, Climate Society, OX1 Incubator, Media Society, Oxford Guild Business Society, Competitive Computer Security Society, Biotech Society, and the Pediatrics Society and Doctors of the World
Thanks to these societies, 2,784 people took part in any entrepreneurial activity!
Who can apply?
Any student society or club – be it sports-related or non-sports related – or other Oxford University student organisation registered with the Proctors.
Are OXFO Booster grants open to student societies of all types?
Yes. We define entrepreneurship broadly, and believe that entrepreneurial people can be found in a wide-ranging spectrum of professions and industries – we class all sorts of individuals as entrepreneurs, from William Shakespeare to Serena Williams and Beyoncé. Therefore, we encourage applications from societies of all disciplines to demonstrate that entrepreneurial skills can be applied by people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
How much funding can I apply for?
Can our society submit more than one application?
Societies are only permitted to submit one solo application e.g. a grant for your own society. You can also choose to submit a second joint application with other societies for an additional grant of £2,000 to be split between the respective societies.