Apply for the L.E.V8 accelerator
Applications for L.E.V8 Cohort 4 will open in November 2020. Due to COVID-19, this date has been pushed back from July. We apologise for any inconvenience. Please register your interest in applying.
1. What does OXFO L.E.V8 offer to venture teams?
L.E.V8 is structured around five phases: fundamentals of the venture, specialised deep-dives, go-to-market strategy, client acquisition and strategy, and investment readiness.
Ventures are provided with an intensive programme of support which includes masterclasses, access to a network of industry experts, mentors and advisors, grant funding, access to free legal and finance guidance, co-working space, and much more.
We offer a support package including:
- Access to our network of investors, mentors and partners
- Our investor network includes over 500 VCs and angels who are actively engaged with the accelerator
- Financial, legal and HR advice for starting and scaling your business
- Direct access to a network of experts who are available for 1-to-1 meetings throughout the journey. These include thought-leaders and highly-regarded practitioners such as Robin Saunders, Managing Partner at Clearbrook Capital
- Support to build leadership and resilience skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Dynamic masterclasses and workshops from leading experts and experienced entrepreneurs
- Tech and product development support
- Fundraising advice
- Hiring support and introductions to potential team members, cofounders and interns
- Help with product-market fit
- Introductions to potential clients, partners, advisors and investors
2. Who can apply?
OXFO L.E.V8 welcomes applications from any startup team that includes at least one University of Oxford alumnus/alumna, member of staff or student.
3. If I’m not an Oxford alumnus/alumna, student or staff member can I still apply?
If you have one or more Oxford alumni/staff/student on your founding team, you can still apply.
4. How advanced does our startup have to be? Can we apply if we just have an idea?
OXFO L.E.V8 is for startups with a clear value proposition, who have ideally developed a minimum viable product (MVP) or who can demonstrate that their venture has traction. If you’re at the ‘idea’ stage, then L.E.V8 is not for you - yet! Please consider applying for All-Innovate, Oxford's inter-college idea competition and attending our workshop series'.
5. Some of our team are international/non-UK residents. Can we still apply?
All non-UK applicants will need to ensure that they have clear and valid visa arrangements to be able to participate in L.E.V8. Please refer to the University’s Student Visa and Immigration Office, who will be able to advise you. It is the sole responsibility of the individual to ensure that they do not breach the terms of any existing agreement/visa. Further information about visa applications, including Graduate Entrepreneur Visas, is available through the University Careers Service.
6. How large can each venture team be?
Each team should include a maximum of four people. Solo founders are also welcome to apply.
7. What is the duration of each cohort’s time in the programme?
Each cohort will run for six months.
8. What commitment does OXFO L.E.V8 require from the teams they select?
Participation in the programme, all of which is tailor-made
- Presence in the accelerator space at least on a weekly basis. N.B. The accelerator is open 7 days a week. Attendance is flexible allowing for lectures, clinics etc.
- Behaviour appropriate for the Oxford Foundry, and for a co-working environment
- A desire to scale your venture, with our support.
- To have a great time! The programme is all about your personal and professional learning journey and growth – and we want you to have as much fun as possible along the way!
9. Does the University or OXFO make any investment in/take any equity from the ventures?
No. OXFO L.E.V8 does not invest, take any equity or claim any ownership in ideas or intellectual property (IP) created by the ventures we support. However, if non-Foundry University staff contribute to your ideas outside of the L.E.V8 programme, or if University research is involved, there may be formal legal obligations between the University and the sponsor(s) of the research that you might not be aware. More information is available here.
10. I'm an investor / business professional / startup mentor - how can I contribute to OXFO L.E.V8?
We'd love to hear from angel investors, experts and mentors - wherever they are in the world - who are interested in contributing their time and knowledge as part of L.E.V8. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and connect with us on LinkedIn.
WHEN CAN I APPLY?
Applications for cohort 4 will open in Novermber 2020. Please register your interest in applying.
HOW CAN I APPLY?
Application is through an online form.
GOT ANY MORE QUESTIONS?
Email us directly at email@example.com